Long hitting Dismas Indiza won the last series of Road To Karen Masters that ended today on par 72 Karen Country club ahead of next week’s KCB Karen Masters, which is a sanctioned Sunshine Tour.
- David Wakhu claims second Road to Karen Masters title
- David Wakhu wins Muthaiga’s Road to Karen Masters tourney
- Erick Ooko leads pros on Road To KCB Karen Masters
The Mumias based professional golfer under the Professional Golfers of Kenya (PGK) played eight under 280 in the three rounds to clinch the title beating David Wakhu by a shot.
Indiza birdied on par five in front nine and added three birdies at the back nine’s 10th, 12th and 17th holes.
Coming from Golf park, Wakhu followed a first hole birdie with an eagle three at the third hole though he lost the event after picking up a double-bogey at the par four and dropping one shot at the fourth.
Sigona’s Mohit Mediratta and Zimbabwe’s Mohammed Mandhu fired one over par 73 for the day, to tie for the third place with PGK captain John Wangai of Sigona, who shot four over par 76 in the closing round.
The final leaderboard
- 280 Dismas Indiza= 66, 74, 68, 72
- 281 David Wakhu= 69, 73, 69, 70
- 290 Mohit Mediratta=76, 71, 70, 73
- 290 Mohammed Mandhu (Zim)=72, 75, 70, 73
- 290 John Wangai=69, 73, 72, 76
- 291 Ganeev Giddie=75, 71, 71, 74
- 291 Stefan Andersen=72, 74, 71, 74
- 292 Nelson Mudanyi=68, 74, 75, 75
- 292 Tony Omulli=71, 72, 73, 76
- Nelson Simwa + 5 73, 74, 74, 72