Greg Snow extended his lead during the third round of Safari Tour Golf Series, the second leg of 2019 Kenya Open journey on par 72 Vet lab Golf club today.
Coming from Muthaiga golf club, Snow shot level par 72 in round three to extend his lead with seven under par 209 heading into the final of round four on Wednesday morning.
Snow started well with three under 69 in round one before sinking four under par 68 in the second round and today managed to play level par 72 to keep the title chase alive.
Maintaining the second position is Sujan Shah with three under par 213. Shah scored 70, 70 and 73 in the first, second and third rounds ahead of veteran professional golfer Dismas Indiza from Mumias who fired two-under par 220 to complete day three podium positions.
Vet Labs duo of Nelson Simwa and Nelson Mudanyi were in fourth and 5th places respectively. Simwa, who plays alongside his elder brother Boniface Simwa, the professional golfer based in Eldoret Club played four over 220 while Mudanyi, the elder brother of reigning Kenya Amateur Golf Championships (KAGC) champion Edwin Mudanyi completed the trio round with fiver over par 221.
Only 20 golfers made the cut into the fourth and final round to be played on Wednesday morning and the crowning of the champion.
Top five leaderboard after round 3
- 209 Greg Snow-69, 68, 72
- 213 Sujan Shah-70, 70, 73
- 214 Dismas Indiza-75, 69, 70
- 220 Nelson Simwa-71, 79, 70
- 221 Nelson Mudanyi-71, 73, 77
Final (Wednesday) draw
- Elisante Lembris, David Opati
- Joseph Karanja, Philip Kasosi, Nuru Mollel
- Simon Ngige, Ken Abuto, Justus Madoya
- Anil Shah, Hesbon Kutwa, Njuguna Ngugi
- Joseph Okello, David Wakhu, John Wangai
- Charana Thethy, Nelson Mudanyi, Nelson Simwa
- Dismas Indiza, Sujan Shah, Greg Snow