Tororo club golfer Ronald Otile dropped John Karichu as he takes the lead in the third round of the Uganda Armature Golf Open on par 71 Entebbe Golf Club with the tournament attracting a field of 110 leading amateurs in East Africa.
- John Karichu takes the lead at Uganda Open
- Edwin Mudanyi takes the lead at Uganda Open
- Confident Team Kenya arrives in Uganda ahead of Uganda Open
The 2016 champion, Otile leads with three shots of two under par 211 against former Golfer of the year champion Karichu
Otile who played second fiddle to Vet lab’s Edwin Mudanyi in the first round and Limuru’s Karichu in the second round, finally grabbed the lead in the penultimate stage of the tournament that comes to an end on Saturday evening.
Otile is destined for victory unless Karichu or third placed Herman Mutebi produce five under or better each in the fourth round, and hope that the South Africa-based Otile will bring worse than level par.
Karichu enjoyed the second round lead after sinking three under par 68 tallying to 180, concluded the third round five with over par 76 to drop to second place on one over par 214.
Mudanyi dropped further down to tie fifth with Uganda’s Joseph Cwinyaai on 218 after posting his second straight 76 in the third round.
Railway Club’s Samuel Njoroge, who carded 75 for 219 is 7th while youngster Mutahi Kibugu was on 221 after a 76 as Uganda’s Joel Basalaine played four under par 67.
Leader board after round three
- 211 Ronald Otile (Tororo-Uganda) 67; 73; 71
- 214 John Karichu (Limuru-Kenya) 70; 68; 76
- 215 Herman Mutebi (Entebbe- Uganda) 71; 71; 73
- 217 Daniel Baguma (Tororo- Uganda) 74; 72; 71
- 218 Joseph Cwinyai (Tororo- Uganda) 71; 77; 70
- 218 Edwin Mudanyi (Vet Lab- Kenya) 66; 76; 76
- 219 Sam Njoroge (Railways- Kenya) 71; 73; 75