Long hitting professional golfer Dismas Indiza is in a do or die on the fourth and final round at this year’s Uganda Open Professional tournament on par 71 Entebbe Golf Club.
The Mumias based golfer continued with his superlative form leading in the third round with three under par 68 for a total of 12 under par 201 to lead fellow Kenyan Greg Snow who played two under par 69 and a three rounds total of seven under par 206.
Kenyan golfers have taken top two positions as Zambia’s Madalitso Muthiya is in third position after playing five over 66 that leaves him seven shots behind Indiza.
Ugandan Happy Robert remained the best on home soil in fourth on 209 after firing three under par 68 for the day.
Two times champion and the only amateur to have beaten the pros few years ago, Ugandan Ronald Otile was tying 16th after the close of the third round.
The only amateur to have made the cut, Otile, who is based in South Africa, shot one over par 72 for a total of seven over par.
A total of 13 out of the strong contingent of 30 Kenyan pros, made the cut and will be finishing in the money list.
They include Thika Sports Club’s Simon Ngige, who dropped out of the leaderboard after a four over par 75, for one over par total of 214 in eighth place.
The leaderboard after the close of round three;
- 201 Dismas Indiza(Ken) 68, 65, 68
- 206 Greg Snow (Ken) 69, 68, 69
- 208 Madalitso Muthiya (Zam) 76, 66, 66
- 209 Happy Robert (Ug) 72, 69, 68
- 210 Dyne Moore (Zam) 69, 67, 74
- 212 Willy Kitata (UG) 70, 74, 68
- 212 Dennis Anguyo(UG) 70, 74, 69
- 214 Robson Chinhoi (Zim) 69, 73, 72
- 214 Simon Ngige (Ken) 70, 69, 75
- 215 Stephen Ferreira (Zim) 73, 70, 72