Kenyan Dismas Indiza held onto hios nerves to win Uganda Open Professional Golf tournament with a record five times played on par 71 Entebbe Golf Club.
- Sizzling Dismas Indiza keeps the lead at Uganda Open
- Dismas Indiza enjoys the lead at Uganda Open
- Dismas Indiza takes one shot lead at Uganda Open
The long hitting Indiza led from round one with a shot before adding two shots lead in the second round an five shots in the third round, and today, the experienced golfer beat compatriot Greg Snow with four shots to claim the title.
Indiza won the 2018 title is his fifth after his previous wins in 2007, 2008, 2011 and 2012 to claim the four day championships with two over par 73 for an all rounds total of 10 under par 274, to take the first prize of Sh1.06 million.
Muthaiga’s Snow completed the tournament with six under par 278, to complete a 1-2 finish for Kenya.
Zambia’s John Moore was third placed after carding one over par 72 for two under par 282 as Uganda’s Dennis Anguyo played one under par 70 which saw him tying fourth with another Ugandan Happy Robert on one under par total of 283.
This year’s tournament, which started with the ladies edition two weeks ago followed by the leading amateurs last week, attracted a field of 98 players from Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa, and Tanzania where only 35 players including the winner of the amateur event Ronald Otile made the second round cut.
The final leaderboard;
- 274 Dismas Indiza (KEN) 68, 65, 68, 73
- 278 Greg Snow (KEN) 69, 68, 69, 72
- 282 Dyne John Moore (ZAM) 69, 67, 74, 72
- 283 Dennis Anguyo (UG) 70, 74, 69, 70
- 283 Happy Robert (UG) 72, 69, 68, 74
- 285 Madalitso Muthiya (ZAM) 76, 66, 66, 77
- 286 Stephen Ferreira (ZIM) 73, 70, 72, 71
- 288 Robson Chinhoi (ZIM) 69, 73, 72, 74
- 288 Simon Ngige (KEN) 70, 69, 75, 74