Chicago Marathon champion Brigid Kosgei’s returned into the country on Wednesday morning as she was received with traditional song and dance from family members.
Leading the mursik party, song and dance was her husband Mathew Kosgei, children kids Brian Kibet and Faith Chepchumba at the Eldoret International Airport.
The reigning Honolulu marathon champion was accompanied by 2016 Chicago marathon champions Abel Kirui and Florence Kiplagat.
Chicago was her first world marathon majors win when she clocked 2:18:35 as her personal best in the 42km distance in USA.
After finishing second last year behind Ethiopian Tirunesh Dibaba and on Sunday, she revenged against another Ethiopian Roza Dereje (2:21:18) as another Ethiopian Demise Shure was third in 2:22:15.
She says that she won the race due to much training.
“My preparations were on top gear that is why I won though it wasent easy for me considering the athletes who were on course,” said Kosgei.
2018 Chicago marathon top ten finishers
- Brigid Kosgei (KEN) 2:18:35
- Roza Dereje (ETH) 2:21:18
- Shure Demise (ETH) 2:22:15
- Florence Kiplagat (KEN) 2:26:08
- Veronicah Nyaruai, (KEN) 2:31:34
- Sarah Crouch (USA) 2:32:37
- Taylor Ward (USA) 2:32:42
- Kate Landau (USA) 2:33:26
- Myrand Melanie (CAN) 2:34:08
- Marci Klimek (USA) 2:34:53