Kenya Amateur Match Play champion Daniel Nduva clinched the Uhuru Shield title, the penultimate of Kenya Amateur Golf Championships on par 72 Royal Nairobi Golf Club today.
After taking the lead in the second round, Nduva from Nyali Golf Club and plays in South Africa fired three over par 219 in the three rounds that kicked off on Saturday before ending time ahead of the series final at Nyali Golf club.
With golfers taking on the 54-hole tournament, Nduva has already qualified for 2019 Kenya Open Golf championships following his win at the Kenya Amateur Match Play.
In his third and final round, the champion sunk four over par 76 after an impressive four under par 68 in the second round and his three over par 75 in the first round to win by five shots from Limuru Country Club’s John Karichu.
Today’s win, marks his second win the KAGC series after he won Kenya Amateur Open Match Play Championship, was second at Sigoa Bowl, came third at Windsor.
Karichu, the former Golfer of The Year champion played one over par 73 in the third for a total of 224 ahead of Great Rift Valley Golf Resort’s Simon Njogu on countback for the runner up prize.
Kevin Juma who led in the first round finished fourth overall on home course on 74 while Simon Njogu and Mutahi Kibugu won the second and third gross rounds on 72 and 75 respectively.
- 219- Daniel Nduva (Nyali)-75, 68, 76
- 224 John Karichu (Limuru)-75,76,7
- 224 Simon Njogu (Great Rift)-75, 72, 77
- 228 Kevin Juma (Royal)-74, 75, 79
- 229 Mutahi Kibugu (Muthaiga)-77, 77, 75
- 229 George Felix (Railways)-75, 77, 77
- 230 Isaiah Otuke (Vet Lab)-79, 76, 75
- 230 Robinson Owiti (Vet Lab)-75, 79, 76
- 231 Joshua Ichangi (Royal)-75, 75, 81
- 232 Jackson Mwangi (Vet lab)-76, 80, 76