Zubair Khan will enjoy an overnight lead against home golfer Rishab Sagoo in the third and final round of Moses Tanui Inter-Regional Junior golf tournament on par 71 Eldoret golf club.
Khan from Muthaiga based golfer fired nine over par 151 ahead of Sagoo’s 17 over par 159 on the final round set for Saturday.
The duo fired six over par 77 in the first round on Thursday before experienced Khan scored the lowest gross of three over par 74 in the second round while Sagoo fired 11 over par 82 in the second round.
Khan comes to the tournament with a 18 over par 234 gained during Uhuru Shield, the second last of the Kenya Amateur golf championships (KAGC) series at Royal club where he finished 12th overall in the tourney won by Nyali’s Daniel Nduva.
He was part of the third edition of Victoria Cup at Vet Lab Sports Club with his side beating competitors Uganda for a third title in a row.
Second day leaderboard
- 151 Zubair Khan (Muthaiga)-77, 74
- 159 Rishab Sagoo (Eldoret)-77, 82
- 161 Emmanuel Njnguna (Thika Sports)-82, 79
- 164 Ashley Awour (Nakuru)-87, 76
- 164 Loise Akinyi (Nakuru)-84, 80
- 167 Serah Khanyereri (Nakuru)-85, 82
- 170 Steve Orinda (Nakuru)-84, 86