Two time Amsterdam marathon champion Lawrence Cherono and reigning Rotterdam marathon winner Kenneth Kipkemoi will lead Kenyan Geoffrey Kirui for this year’s Boston marathon against defending champion Yuki Kawauchi set for April in USA.
Cherono won Amsterdam marathon in 2017 before defendning his title in 2018 while Kipkemoi was the surprise winner of Rotterdam race, will also be facing two-time winner Lelisa Desisa as well as 2016 winner Lemi Berhanu and 2012 Boston champion Wesley Korir.
Cherono and Ethiopian duo Sisay Lemma and Solomon Deksisa, all of whom have PBs faster than 2:05.
Eritrea’s 2015 world marathon champion Ghirmay Ghebreslassie and six-time world half marathon champion Zersenay Tadese will also be in Boston, as will Japan’s Asian Games champion Hiroto Inoue and Beppu-Oita runner-up Hayato Sonoda.
The US contingent includes last year’s third-place finisher Shadrack Biwott and Olympians Dathan Ritzenhein, Abdi Abdirahman and Jared Ward.
Kipkemoi, two-time Toronto champion Benson Kipruto and Beirut winner Mohamed Reda El Aaraby will all be making their Boston Marathon debut.
- Lawrence Cherono (KEN) 2:04:06
- Sisay Lemma (ETH) 2:04:08
- Lemi Berhanu (ETH) 2:04:33
- Solomon Deksisa (ETH) 2:04:40
- Lelisa Desisa (ETH) 2:04:45
- Kenneth Kipkemoi (KEN) 2:05:44
- Felix Kandie (KEN) 2:06:03
- Geoffrey Kirui (KEN) 2:06:27
- Festus Talam (KEN) 2:06:13
- Wesley Korir (KEN) 2:06:13
- Philemon Rono (KEN) 2:06:52
- Hiroto Inoue (JPN) 2:06:54
- Benson Kipruto (KEN) 2:07:11
- Ghirmay Ghebreslassie (ERI) 2:07:46
- Dathan Ritzenhein (USA) 2:07:47
- Yuki Kawauchi (JPN) 2:08:14
- Zersenay Tadese (ERI) 2:08:46
- Abdi Abdirahman (USA) 2:08:56
- Mohamed Reda El Aaraby (MAR) 2:09:16
- Hayato Sonoda (JPN) 2:09:34
- Jeffrey Eggleston (USA) 2:10:52
- Scott Overall (GBR) 2:10:55
- Jared Ward (USA) 2:11:30
- Elkanah Kibet (USA) 2:11:31
- Timothy Ritchie (USA) 2:11:56
- Shadrack Biwott (USA) 2:12:01
- Scott Fauble (USA) 2:12:28
- Aaron Braun (USA) 2:12:54
- Brian Shrader (USA) 2:13:31