Two time world marathon champion will pair again with former Boston marathon champion Sharon Cherop for this year’s Boston marathon set for April in the USA.
The two paired again during the IAAF world championships where, for the first time, one nation swept the podium with Kiplagat winning the title followed by Priscah Jeptoo and Cherop for a bronze.
Last year, Kiplagat finished 4th at the Berlin Marathon in 2:21.18 and will be chasing the title against Aselefech Mergia after getting her personal best of 2:19.31 at the 2012 Dubai Marathon.
Kiplagat will also be facing 2015 champion Caroline Rotich, 2012 Boston Marathon winner Cherop and 2017 Paris Marathon champion Betsy Saina as they battle defending champion and home girl Desiree Linden.
Others on the list include Ethiopian trio Meskerem Assefa, Belaynesh Oljira and Marta Megra will also be in Boston to battle for honors as former world half marathon winner Mary Wacera will debut at Boston.
- Aselefech Mergia (ETH) 2:19.31
- Edna Kiplagat (KEN) 2:19.50
- Mare Dibaba (ETH) 2:19.52
- Worknesh Degefa (ETH) 2:19.53
- Meskerem Assefa (ETH) 2:20.36
- Jordan Hasay (USA) 2:20.57
- Belaynesh Oljira (ETH) 2:21.53
- Sharon Cherop (KEN) 2:22.28
- Desiree Linden (USA) 2:22.38
- Marta Megra (ETH) 2:22.35
- Betsy Saina (KEN) 2:22.56
- Caroline Rotich (KEN) 2:23.22
- Sara Hall (USA) 2:26.20
- Eva Vrabcova (CZE) 2:26.31
- Sally Kipyego (USA) 2:28.01
- Krista Duchene (CAN) 2:28.32
- Alyson Dixon (GBR) 2:29.06
- Lindsay Flanagan (USA) 2:29.25
- Becky Wade (USA) 2:30.41
- Sarah Crouch (USA) 2:32.27
- Sarah Sellers (USA) 2:36.37
- Mary Wacera (KEN) debut