Kabras Sugar extended their winning formula in the Kenya Cup (national 15-a-side rugby league) against Mwamba RFC at Kakamega Showground.
The only unbeaten side defeated side defeated former champions Mwamba 46-37 to cement their top position ahead of second placed Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB).
KCB, who are the title defending champions were the biggest winners of the day thrashing Nakuru 49-06 at Ruaraka grounds as Kenya Harlequins proved they are the kings of Ngong Road Derby after beating Impala Saracens 24-37 at Impala Sports Club. At the same venue, Nondescripts recovered from their humiliating defeat to Kabras Sugar last weekend to edge out University of Nairobi’s Mean Machine 17-3.
Impala had had ended Quins’ three-year dominance last season with a slim 10-8 in Kenya Cup.
Strathmore finally won their first match by stunning Homeboyz 16-14 at the Jamhuri Park showground as debutants Menengai Oilers beat hosts Blak Blad 24-13 at Kenyatta University.
- Kabras Sugar 46-37 Mwamba (Kakamega Showground)
- Impala Saracens 24-37 Kenya harlequins (Impala Sports Club)
- KCB 49-06 Nakuru (Ruaraka)
- Nondescripts 17-03 Mean Machine (Impala Sports Club)
- Blak Blad 13-24 Menengai Oilers (Kenyatta University)
- Homeboyz 14-16 Strathmore Leos (Jamhuri Park)