Reigning world under 20 5,000m champion Beatrice Chebet won the first gold for Kenya at the world cross country championships in Aarhus, Denmark.
Chebet, who won the national title in Eldoret last month won in 20:50 in a photo finish against Ethiopa’s duo Alemitu Tariku (20:50) and Gebreselama Tsigie (20:50) to give Kenya first gold in 6km junior women (under 20).
- Beatrice Chebet (KEN)-20:50
- Alemitu Tariku (ETH)-20:50
- Gebreselama Tsigie (ETH)-20:50
- Sarah Chelangat (UG)-20:51
- Girmawit Gebrzihair (ETH)- 20:53