World marathon record holder Eliud Kipchoge ran his way to victory to defend his London marathon title today.The reigning Olympic Games marathon champion edged out Shura Kitata to win his fourth London marathon title.
The 34-year-old Kipchoge pulled away from Ethiopian runners Mosinet Geremew and Mule Wasihun in the final 10 minutes to win the race in 2:2.37 which is the London course record following his 2015, 2016 and 2018 wins.
Geremew finished second in 2:2.55 ahead o Wasihun 2:2.58.Top ten finishers- men
- Eliud Kipchoge (KEN)- 2:02.37
- Mosinet Geremew (ETH)- 2:02.55
- Mule Wasihun (ETH)- 2:03.16
- Tola Shura Kitata (ETH)- 2:05.01
- Mo Farah (GB)- 2:05.39
- Tamirat Tola (ETH)- 2:06.37
- Basher Abdi (BEL)- 2:07.03
- Leul Gebresilasie (ETH)_ 2:07.15
- Yassine Rachik (ITA)- 2:08.05
- Callum Hawkins (GBR)- 2:08.14