Ferguson Rotich led reigning Commonwealth Games 800m champion Wycliffe Kinyamal in a 1-2 podium finish for Kenya at the 10th leg of IAAF Diamond League in London.
The consisted Diamond league runner, Rotich clocked 1:43.14 ahead of Kinyamal’s 1:43.48 before Polish international Marcin Lewandowski completed the podium in 1:43.74.
It was the only race that Kenyans won in the two day event that comes to a close on Sunday.
It was a podium finish for former Africa junior cross country champion Nicholas Kipkorir Kimeli in 5,000m. Kimeli finished third in 13:05.48 behind winners Hagos Gebrhiwet (13:01.86) from Ethiopia and Norwegian Jakob Ingebrigtsen (13:02.03).
Africa 1,500m champion Winny Chebet clocked 3:59.93 to finish second in the 1,500m race. The Kenyan runner toiled her way, finishing second behind Germany international Laura Muir (3:58.25) and Gabriella Debus-Stafford (4:00.26) in third position.
- Hagos Gebrhiwet-13:01.86 (ETH)
- Jakob Ingebrigtsen -13:02.03 (NOR)
- Nicholas kipkorir Kimeli- 13:05.48 (KEN)
- Ferguson Rotich- 1:43.14 (KEN)
- Wycliffe Kinyamal- 1:43.48 (KEN)
- Marcin Lewandowski -1:43.74 (POL)
- Laura Muir -3:58.25 (GER)
- Winny Chebet -3:59.93 (KEN)
- Gabriella Debus-Stafford- 4:00.26 (CAN)