Driving his Skoda Fabia R5, reigning Africa champion Manvir Baryan won the KCB Kilifi Rally Championships that registered massive brokages where out of the 24 starters, only 13 survived the demanding course.
Navigated by Drew Sturrock, Baryan led from the start to the finish registered his first win of the 2019 KCB Kenya National Rally Championship season after missing out on this round last year after winning the 2017 edition of the Mombasa Motor Club at the same venue won five out of seven stages with Baldev Chager winning CS3 and CS6. A
Coast Pelee’s Izhar Mirza celebrated his career-best KNRC position after completing the podium dash. Another homeboy Ammar Haq came in fifth behind Tejveer Rai while Paras Pandya of Mombasa came sixth.
Onkar Rai who was second fastest in the night stage was an early casualty on Day Two after his new VW Polo ran out of fuel in CS2 MCL stage.
Chager still leads the KNRC series despite finishing second.
Geoff Mayes retired at the start of SS 2 with engine problems Adil Mirza also retired in stage 2.
Others casualties were Raaji Bharij with gearbox problems and Naushad Kara with a broken ball joint.
- Manvir Baryan/Drew Sturrock (Skoda Fabia) 01.50.50.60
- Baldev Chager/Ravi Soni Mitsubishi Evolution 10) 01.57.57.00
- Izhar Mirza/Kavit Dave (Mitsubishi Evolution) 01:58.27.90
- Tejveer Rai/Gavin Lawrence (Mitsubishi Evolution 10) 01:59.22.70
- Ammar Haq/Victor Okundi (Mitsubishi Evolution 10) 02:05.35.70
- Paras Pandya/Falgun Bhojak (Mitsubishi Evolution 10) 02:05.53.70
- Jasmeet Chana/Ravi Chana (Mitsubishi Evolution 10) 02:08.37.60
- Sohanjeet Puee/Adnan Din (Subaru Impreza) 02:08.57.90
- Issa Amwari/Job Njiru (Mitsubishi Evolution 10) 02:12.48.80
- Amit Vaja/Willy Kibata (Subaru Impreza) 02:23.10.20
- Arjun Patttni/Dinesh Varsani (Subaru Impreza) 02:26.30.00
- Evans Kavisi/Absolom Aswani (Subaru Impreza) 02:36.22.60
- Daren Miranda/Wayne Fernandes (Subaru Impreza) 02:47.27.20
- Onkar Rai/Gareth Dawe (VW Polo R5) Ran out of fuel CS2
- Pietro Canobbio/TBA (Mitsubishi Evolution 10)
- John Ng’ang’a/George Njoroge (Subaru Impreza)
- Minesh Rathod/Sameer Yusuf (Mitsubishi Evolution 10)
- Karan Patel/James Mwangi (Subaru Impreza)
- Raaji Bharij/Rajay Sehmi (Porsche) Hussein Malik/Linet Ayuko (Mitsubishi Evolution 10)
- Adil Mirza/Guveer Pandhal (Mitsubishi Evolution 8)
- Nashad Kara/Kailesh Chauhan (Subaru Impreza) ball joint
- Geoff Mayes/Suzanne Zwager (Land Rover) engine problems
Additional reporting Capital Sports