Kenya’s Bornes Kipkirui Kitur and Kelkile Gezahegn won the Ljubljana Marathon ran on Sunday morning in Slovenia.
The local cross country and road race runner Kitur won the title in 2:21:26 beating Bahrain’s Shitaye Eshete to second timing 2:21:33 before Kenya’s Diana Chemtai timed third in 2:22:07.
In an exchange formula, Ethiopian Kuftu Tahir Dadiso was 4th in 2:23:14 as former Boston marathon champion Sharon Jemutai Cherop came in 6th position in 2:25:11
In men Gezahegn won the title in 2:07:29 as Kenyan Anthony Kiplangat Maritim finished second in 2:07:52 as compatriot Vincent Rono was third 2:08:06.
- Kelkile Gezahegn (ETH) 2:07:29
- Anthony Kiplangat Maritim (KEN) 2:07:52
- Vincent Rono (KEN) 2:08:06
- Goitom Kifle (ERI) 2:08:09
- Ezekial Omullo (KEN) 2:08:41
- Regasa Bejiga (ETH) 2:09:38
- Bornes Chepkirui Kitur (KEN) 2:21:26
- Shitaye Eshete (BRN) 2:21:33
- Diana Chemtai (KEN) 2:22:07
- Kuftu Tahir Dadiso (ETH) 2:23:14
- Sharon Jemutai Cherop (KEN) 2:25:11
- Sentayehu Lewetegn (ETH) 2:25:26