Masinde Muliro University of Science And Technology (MMUST) runner Eunice Chelimo dominated the national Kenya Universities Sports Association (KUSA) held on Saturday 9th at Moi University, Annex Campus track.
Chelimo won two out three races she competed in to dominate the two-day championships that include indoor and outdoor events.
She first won 10,000m in the early morning race before adding her second title with 1,500m and finished second in 800m.
In her first race, she ran at the lowest speed winning the 10,000m in 41:19.8 in a race that attracted two runners with Chuka University’s Florence Katina coming second and last timing 45:26.7.
In her second race, she won 1,500m in 5:18.0 followed by Sharon Kemboi from The University of Eldoret (UOE) in 5:35.2 and Maseno’s Hyvin Chebon completing the podium, stopping the timer at 5:42.5.
The tired Chelimo then completed the championships with silver in 800m behind Chuka’s Eunice Hetot. Hetot won in 2:35.9 as Chelimo followed in second position at 2:39.9 before Janis Nkatha of Kabarak ended the podium in 2:58.3.
As Chelimo dominated women’s 10,00m, Peter Kirui of Chuka edged out Cornelius Kipruto of Kirinyaga (35:03.4) and Kelvin Chepsigor from Kisii completing the top three in 35:58.3.
Chepsigor, after finishing second in 10,000m, went ahead to claim 1,500m title in 4:11.27 ahead of Dedan Kimathi University of Technology (DeKUT) Gideon Lemerian (4:12.18) and Robert Ng’eno in third place at 4:13.09.
- Peter Kirui (Chuka)- 32:33.0
- Cornelius Kipruto (Kirinyaga)- 35:03.4
- Kelvin Chepsigor (Kisii)- 35:58.3
- Eunice Chelimo (MMUST)- 41:19.8
- Florence Katina (Chuka)- 45:26.7
- Sharon Kemboi (UOE)- 19:37.6
- Hyvin Chebon (Maseno)- 19:56.0
- Patricia Chepkemoi (Murang’a)- 20:40.1
- Sebastien Sena (Kirinyaga)- 16:14.9
- Paul Korir (UOE)- 16:17.0
- Robert Karamja (Chuka)- 16:27.1
- Kelvin Chepsigor (Kisii)- 4:11.27
- Gideon Lemerian (DeKUT)- 4:12.18
- Robert Ng’eno (MMUST)- 4:13.09
- Eunice Chelimo (MMUST)- 5:18.0
- Sharon kemboi (UoE)- 5:35.2
- Hyvin Chebon (Maseno)- 5:42.5