Eighteen-year-old Mutahi Kibugu won the Winston Churchill, the Kenya Amateur Golf Championships (KAGC) series that teed on par 72 Thika Sports Golf club.
The Muthaiga based junior golfer completed the two round of 36 holes with level par 144 to claim the title.
After training with one shot against club mate and junior player Tuimur Malik in the first round, Kibugu fired one under par 71 in the second round, adding on his one over par 73 in the first round to win.
He led first-round second finisher Daniel Nduva from Nyali Golf who carded level par 72 to finish with a total of one over par 145.
Nduva who won the Lake Serena Open, the Safari Tour series in Uganda last weekend came second as KAGC series leader Samuel Njoroge from Railway Golf Club was third after carding two-under-par 70 in the second round, failing to match with the first round four over par for a total of two-over-par 146.
The final leaderboard
- 144 Mutahi Kibugu (Muthaiga) 73, 71
- 145 Daniel Nduva (Nyali) 73, 72
- 146 Samuel Njoroge (Railway) 76, 70
- 149 Taimur Malik (Muthaiga) 72, 77
- 151 William Odera (Golf Park) 75, 76
- 151 Peter Rimui (Thika) 75, 76
- 153 David Matano (Thika) 76, 77
- 154 Chris Andrea (Ruiru) 79, 75
- 154 Anthony Irungu (Muthaiga) 75, 79
- 156 Ben Omondi (Ruiru) 80, 76