Junior golfer Mutahi Kibugu topped the rank in today’s Kenya Amateur Stroke play championships played on par 72 Vetlab Sports Club.
The Muthauga based golfer played two over par 146 to lead other 32 golfers to qualify for Kenya Match play that tees off on Friday morning to Sunday afternoon.
He sunk one under 71 in the first round before adding three over par 75 to take the pole position.
The only deaf golfer Isaac Makokha was in second position four over par 148 beating another junior player Tuimur Malik on count back.
Makokha registered 72, 76 while Malik had 71,78.
Top ten qualifiers
- Mutahi Kibugu (Muthaiga) 71, 75= 146
- Isaac Makokha (Vetlab) 72,76= 148
- Tuimur Malik (Muthaiga) 71,77=148
- Simon Njogu (Railways) 78,73=151
- C. Nsanguwerra (Uganda) 76,75=151
- Robert Nyanchoga (Royal) 78,75=153
- Peter Rimui (Thika Sports) 75,78=153
- Daniel Kiroga (Muthaiga) 76,78=154
- John Lejirma (Railways) 72,82=154
- Kevin Juma (Royal) 79,76=155