Former World Youth 3,000m Champion Richard Kimunyan ran the world lead time to win the inter company race in Japana.
Running for Hitachi Butsuryu, Kimunyan clocked 27:01.42 to beat fellow kenyan runner Benard Koech with a second (27:02.39) with world half marathon silver medalist Bedan Karoki a close third (27:02.80).
Branaba Kitilit, who coach both Kimunayn and world under 18 2,000m silver medalist Cleophas Kandie, who finished 4th in 27:20.34 whiel competing for Mitsubishi Juko said that due to coronavirus, many athltes were idle hence the return of the races across the world, they are so energetic and expect more.
“Athletes who have been training now are very strong and when the championships open up, they will perform better than before and expect records to break,” said Kitilit who has been nurturing athletes from his Baringo County.
Kimunyan’s time was a world lead.
Top ten results
1. Richard Kimunyan (Hitachi Butsuryu)- 27:01.42
2. Bernard Koech (Kyundeko)- 27:02.39
3. Bedan Karoki (Toyota)- 27:02.80
4. Cleophas Kandie (Mitsubishi Juko)- 27:20.34
5. Alexander Mutiso (ND Software)- 27:30.87
6. Macharia Ndirangu (Aichi Seiko)- 27”45.94
7. Yuma Hatori (Toyota)- 27:47.55
8. Kengo Suzuki (Fujitsu) 27:49.16
9. robert Kipchirchir (Asahi Kasei) 27:51.27
10. Joel Mwaura (Kurosaki Hirima)- 28:03.13
DNF Rodgers Chumo Kwemoi (Aisan Kogyo).