Ali Mirza, the youngest member of Coast Pekee team, is set to make his debut as a driver on his home rally at Vipingo Mombasa Cement on January 28.
Ali, who started his racing career with go karts at GP Karting
Nairobi, Nakuru’s Solai and Momabsa Go Kart tracks, will drive his
dad’s Subaru GC8 which has over the years been synonymous with the
Coast Pekee team principal mzee Ajaz Mirza also confirmed the
participation of his other two sons-Izhar (Izzy) and Adil.
Adil will be navigated by Kashif Sheikh in an Evo7 whist Izhar, the
fastest of the Mirza family will partner up with Kavit Dave in his
Mitsubishi Evolution 9.
Yusuf Pasta of Roadtainers Racing has a new navigator in Ahmed Rashid.
Dennis Mwenda and Job Njiru have also confirmed their participation in
their championship winning Silverspread Team Meru Evolution 9.
Also confirmed for the season opener are the reigning KNRC Division 3
champs, the Hai Rally Chix comprising of NatashaTundo and Chantal
Karan Patel who participated in five rounds of the WRC last year will
be teaming up with James Mwangi Harrison in a Mitsubishi Lancer
Four times Safari Rally winners Carl “Flash” Tundo and Tim Jessop will
be back in their Ford Fiesta Proto.
“We are entering the Fiesta but redoing all the wiring,” said Jessop.
Below are among tne drivers expected to enter KNRC 1 in Vipingo.
1. Ali Mirza/TBA (Subaru GC8)
2. Adil Mirza/Kashif Sheikh (Evo7)
3. Izhar Mirza/Kavit Dave (Evo9)
4. Yusuf Pasta/Ahmed Rashid (TBA)
5. Hapz Sagoo/Paren Hirani (Subaru N10)
6. Dennis Mwenda/Job Njiru (Evo9)
7. Leonardo Varese/Kigo Kareithi(TBA)
8. Imran Mogul/Adnan Din (Subaru N12)
9. Eric Bengi/Tuta Mionki (Subaru N10)
10. Jasmeet Chana/Ravi Chana (Evo9)
11. Piero Canobbio/Sylvia Frigo (Evo10)
12. Baldev Singh Chager/Ravi Soni (Evo10)
13. Onkar Singh Raii/Gareth Dawe (Evo10)
14. Tejveer Singh Rai/Zahir Shah (Evo10)
15. Jassi Chatthe/Gugu Panesar (Evo10)
16. Tapio Laukkanen (TBA)
17. Manvir Baryan (Ford Fiesta R5)
18. Ian Duncan (Evo10)
19. Carl Tundo/Tim Jessop (Ford Fiesta Proto)
20. Asad Khan Kalulu/Harshil Limbani (Subaru Impreza)
21. Tash Tundo/ Chantal Louise Young (Subaru N10)
22. Karan K Patel/James Mwangi Harrison (Evo10)
23. Naushad Kara/Thabit Khandwalla (Subaru)
24. Mahesh Halai/Ketan Halai (Evo10)
25. Sammy Nyorri/Mwangi Waithaka (Toyota RunX)
26. Aakif Virani (Subaru N16)
27. Ammar ‘Bushy’ Haq/Victor Okundi (Subaru N10)
28..Osman Abdullahi/George Mwangi (Subaru N10)
29. Farhaaz Khan/Keith Henrie (TBA)
30. Eric Njogu (Subaru)
31. Steve Mwangi (Subaru N10)