National men’s soccer team Harambee Stars has a task of qualifying for the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations scheduled for Cameroon.
Lying third in pool G, Stars have a classy line-up as they aim to qualify for 2022 World Cup in Qatar, with 2021 AFCON Qualifier against Egypt will count as their first task and will be played on March 24 or March 25, 2021 before taking on Togo on March 27 and 30.
After AFCON action, the team will be in action again in June 1 to June 15, 2021, the first and second matches of the 2022 World Cup Qualifiers have been scheduled. Kenya has been pooled in Group E alongside Mali, Uganda, and Rwanda.
Match day three and four have been slated between August 1, and August 7, 2021, while match-days five and six will be played between October 4, and October 12, 2021.
The top team from the group will proceed to a third playoff round, whose first and second legs shall be scheduled between November 8, and November 16, 2021.
Dates for the CECAFA Senior Challenge Cup, which the Harambee Stars last won on home soil in 2017, shall be confirmed in due course. The tournament is tentatively set to be played in December this year.
Busy Harambee Stars calendar
- Afcon Qualifiers against Egypt- March 24th-25th
- Afcon qualifiers against Togo- March 27th to 30th
- World Cup Qualifiers (Kenya in pool E Longside Mali, Uganda and Rwanda) Game 1 and 2 on 1-15th June 2021.
- World cup qualifiers Match 3 and 4 between August 1-7th 2021
- World Cup qualifiers Match 5 and 6 between Octobers 4th to 12th.
- World Cup qualifiers (top two teams for play-offs) between November 8th to 16th 2021.
- Cecafa Senior Challenge Cup in December TBD