Organizers of the BAA Boston Marathon on Tuesday announced the dates for the race that was postponed in 2020 due to coronavirus pandemic.
As one of the World Marathon majors, Boston Marathon will take place on Monday, October 11 2021 changing the calendar that normally takes place in April in the Massachusetts, USA.
“We announce the 2021 Boston Marathon date with a cautious optimism, understanding full well that we will continue to be guided by science and our continued collaborative work with local, city, state, and public health officials,” B.A.A president and CEO Tom Grilk.
Boston is the only WMM to be held on a weekday, traditionally taking place on Patriots’ Day — the third Monday in April and a state holiday in Massachusetts. This year’s race will retain the Monday date and will coincide with a national holiday, Columbus Day.
World Major Marathon’s schedule that will be held within a six-week span in the fall.
- August 7 – Women’s Olympic Marathon
- August 8 – Men’s Olympic Marathon
- September 26: Berlin Marathon
- October 3: London Marathon
- October 10: Chicago Marathon
- October 11: Boston Marathon
- October 17: Tokyo Marathon
- November 7: New York City Marathon