Former Mombasa Safaricom half marathon deaf champion Juster Moraa Kwamesa and David Kipkogei were the winners on Saturday’s Deaf Athletics Association of Kenya (DAAK) half marathon championships held at Kasarani stadium.
Coming from Kisii, Kwamesa clocked 1:41.02 to win the women’s 21km distance followed closely by Uasin Gishu’s Grandet Kendagor (1:46.53) as Kisii’s Naibin Mutisha completed the podium timing 1:47.09.
Newcomer Kipkogei from Elgeyo Marakwet was the men’s winner timing 68:04 ahead of Uasin Gishu’s Amos Kiplagat who beat his counterpart Martin Gachie for second and third positions timing 68:09 and 70:25 respectively.
1. David Kipkogei of Elgeyo Maragwet County clocked 1:08.04
2. Amos Kiplagat of Uasin Gishu County clocked 1:08.09
3. Martin Gachie of Uasin Gishu County clocked 1:10.25
1. Juster Moraa of Kisii County clocked 1:41.02
2. Grandet Kendagor of Usain Gishu County clocked 1:46.53
3. Naibin Mutisha of Kisii County clocked 1:47.09