It was an all Kenyan affair today when Titus Ekiru defended his Milano marathon title, breaking the course record set last year.Kenyan Racheal Mutgaa was the best Kenyan coming in second behind the champion Hiwot Gebrekidan from Ethiopia.
The former Honolulu marathon champion won the title ahead of compatriots Reuben Kiprop Kipyego and Barabbas Kiptum in an all Kenyan podium sweep.
After winning the title last year with a course record of 2:04:46, today, he cut the tape in 2:02.57 on a race that was competed on a 7.5km circuit ahead of Kiprop’s 2:03.55 and Kiptum completing th podium in 2:04.17.
Top 10 results
1. Titus Ekiru (KEN)- 2:02.57
2. Reuben Kiprop Kipyego (KEN)- 2:03.55
3. Barnabas Kiptum (KEN)- 2:04.17
4. Abdilwak Seif Tura (ETH)- 2:04.19
5. Gebreselase Leul Aleme (ETH)- 2;04.31
6. Gerald Gabriel Geay (TAN)- 2:04.55
7. Nicholas Kirwa (KEN)- 2:05.01
8. Joel Kemboi Kimurer (KEN)- 2:05.19
9. Beshah Yerssie Eskezia
10. Elisha Kipchirchir Rotich
- Hiwot Gebrekidan (ETH)- 2:19.35
- Racheal Mutgaa (KEN)- 2:22.50
- Eunice Chebichii Chumba (BHR)- 2:23.10
- Betelhem Moges (ETH)- 2:23.38
- Risper Chebet (KEN)- 223.45
- Yenenesh Tilahun (ETH)- 2:24.50
- Sintayehu Lewetegn (ETH)- 2:24.53
- Besu Sado (ETH)- 2:27.06
- Winfridah Moraa Moseti (KEN)- 2:27.44
- Stella Barsosio (KEN)- 2:27.52