Hosea Chirchir Kiplimo and Sandrafelis Chebet led a host Kenyan runners who dominated the inaugural Ijebu Heritage International half marathon ran today in Ogun State, Nigeria.
Kiplimo led the kenyan podium sweep, winning top five positions while Chebet, who missed the Olympic Games slot won the women’s title with Susy Chemaimask coming in 5th.
The Nandi based Kiplimo won the title in 62:36 ahead of Rhonzas Lokitam Kilima in the second position timing 62:57 before Timothy Ronoh completing the podium in 62:59.
Another Kenyan Kenneth Kiprop (64:27) and John Muriuri (64:28) were positions 4th and 5th respectively in an all Kenyan affair.
Former world youth 5,000m silver medalist, Chebet won the women title in 70:42 ahead of Ethiopia’s Gebayesh Ayele in second position after timing 70:52 with fellow Ethiopian Beyenu Degefa completing the podium in 71:02. The 4th psotion was won by another Ethiopian Nare Tadu Teshomo (71:28) as Kenyan Susy chebet Chemaimask came in 5th position after clocking 72:22.
- Hosea Chirchir Kiplimo (KEN)- 62:36
- Rhonzas Lokitam Kilima (KEN) -62:57
- Timothy Ronoh (KEN)- 62:59
- Kenneth Kiprop (KEN)- 64:27
- John Muriuri (KEN)- 64:28
- Sandrafelis Chebet (KEN)- 70:42
- Gebayesh Ayele (ETH)- 70:52
- Beyenu Degefa (ETH)- 71:02
- Nare Tadu Teshomo (ETH)- 71:28
- Susy chebet Chemaimask (KEN)- 72:22.