Kenyans Nelly Jepchumba and Roncer Kipkorir Konga were the winners of the 19th edition of Bucharest International half marathon ran on Sunday in Romania.
Jepchumba led the Kenyan in 1-2 on podium on the Romanian streets winning in 68:56 leading compatriots Stella Rutto (69:54) and Alemu Worknesh from Ethiopia completing the podium 71:56.
Kipkorir, who comes into limelight after finishing third at the Copenhagen half marathon where Geoffrey Kamworor broke the world record.
Popularly called Kinga, Kipkorir won the 21km distance in 61:22 followed by home boy Alexandru Nicole Soare (63:20) and Kenya’s Peter Mwaniki completed the podium in 64:13.
- Roncer Kipkorir Konga (KEN) 1:01.22
- Alexandru Nicolae Soare (ROM) 1:03.20
- Peter Mwaniki Aila (KEN) 1:04.13
- Bjorn Koreman (NED) 1:04.30
- Nelly Jepchumba (KEN) 1:08.56
- Stella Rutto (KEN) 1:09.54
- Alemu Worknesh (ETH) 1:11.56