Reuben Kerio and Tadese Kumela Ayantuova were the winners of Kosice marathon held yesterday in Slovakia.
The Kenyan Kerio won the title in of 2:07.18 followed by Ethiopian Hiribo Shano who crossed the finish line in 2:07.48 seconds later with Albert Kipkosgei Kangogo also from Kenya closing the first three podium finishes in 2:07.52
Jackson Kiprop from Uganda and Deribe Melka Robi from Ethiopia finished in fourth and fifth place in 2:08.28 and 2:10.03 respectively.
Ethiopian Ayantu won the race with a course record of 2:024.35 breaking the then course record of 2:26.01 that had been set by Sichala Kumeshi in 2019.
Ayantu led 1-2-3 podium finish as she was followed closely by Maeregu Hayelom who crossed the line in 2:24.42 with Dinknesh Tefer closing the the first three podium finishes in 2:25.00.
- Tadese Ayantu (ETH) 2:24.35
- Maeregu Hayelom (ETH) 2:24.42
- Dinknesh Tefer (ETH) 2:25.00
- Maryna Damancevich (BEL) 2: 32.22
- Milliam Ebongonová (KEN) 2:34.40
- Reuben Kerio (KEN) 2:07.18
- Hiribo Shano (ETH) 2:07.48
- Albert Kangogo (KEN) 2:07.52
- Jackson Kiprop (UG) 2:08.28
- Deribe Robi (ETH) 2:10.03