Veteran rally driver Carl ‘flash;’ Tundo won his title in the Kenya Rally championships series following his victory at the KCB Nanyuki Rally championships held today in Nanyuki, Laikipia County.
Navigated by Tim Jessop in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 10, came in late to win the title to stamp his authority in the Kenyan soil.
Initially, the duo had won the KCB Kenya National Rally Championship (KNRC) series.
Saturday’s victory saw Tundo extend his lead in the overall KNRC standings to 164 points.
Nanyuki Rally results
1. Carl Tundo/Tim Jessop (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo10) 110mins.52.5secs
2. Aakif Virani/Azhar Bhatti (Skoda Fabia) 111:22.8
3. Amaanraj Rai/Gurdeep Panesar (Skod Fiesta) 112:06.8
4. Jasmeet Chana/Ravi Chana (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo10) 115:25.5
5. McRae Kimathi/Mwangi Kioni (Ford Fiesta) 116:46.6
6. Piero Canobbio/Shameer Yusuf (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo10)117:09.7
7. Nzioka Waita/Tuta Mionki (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo10) 117:55.1
8. Nikhil Sachania/Deep Patel (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo10) 121:29.0
9. Maxime Wahome/Linet Ayuko (Subaru Impreza) 127:15.8
10. Baldev Chager/Ravi Soni (VW Polo) 127:55.4
11. Kush Patel/Mudasar Choudry (Subaru Impreza NAT-S) 131:50.9
12. Aslam Khan/Arshad Khan (Porsche 911) 137:40.4
13. Ramesh Vishram/Riyaz Ismail (Ford Escort MK2) 138:12.3
14. Shakeel Khan/Arshard Mughul (Ford Escort) 140:57.7
15. Leonardo Varese/Kigo Kareithi (Toyota Auris) 150:09.8
16.John Fernandes/Rattos Nigue (Subaru Impreza) 137:09.5