Former Toronto marathon champion Benson Kipruto and upstart Diana Kipyogei claimed the Boston Marathon titles, the World Athletics elite Platinum Label road race today in the USA.
Former Toronto marathon champion Benson Kipruto and upstart Diana Chemtai Kipyogei claimed the Boston Marathon titles, the World Athletics elite Platinum Label road race today in the USA.
The Prague marathon champion won the men’s race in 2:09.51 despite failing to beat his personal best of 2:05:13.
Ethiopians Lemi Berhanu (2:10:37) and Jemal Yimer (2:10:38) came in second and third positions respectively.
Little celebrated Kipyogei won the women’s race in a 1-2-3-4 positions for Kenyan runners.
She won the title in 2:24:50 ahead of two time world marathon champion Edna Kiplagat, who was second in 2:25:09 and Mary Ngugi (2:25:20).
- Benson Kipruto- (KEN) 2:09.51
- Lemi Berhanu (ETH) 2:10.37
- Jemal Yimer (ETH) 2:10.37
- Tsedat Ayana (ETH) 2:10.47
- Leonard Barsoton (KEN) 2:11.11
- Bayelgn Teshager (ETH) 2:11.16
- Colin Bennie (USA) 2:11.26
- Debela Dejene (ETH) 2:11.38
- Wilson Chebet (KEN) 2:11.40
- CJ Albertson (USA) 2:11.44
- Diana Chemtai Kipyogei (KEN) 2:24.25
- Edna Kiplagat (KEN) 2:25.09
- Mary Ngugi (KEN) 2:25.20
- Monica Ngige (KEN) 2:25.32
- Netsanet Gudeta (ETH) 2:26.09
- Nell Rojas (USA) 2:27.12
- Workenesh Edesa (ETH) 2:27.38
- Atsede Baysa (ETH) 2:28.04
- Biruktayit Eshetu (ETH) 2:29.05
- Tigist Abayechew (ETH) 2:29.06