Commonwealth Games 800m champion Wycliffe Kinyamal and world under 18 400m silver medalist Mary Moraa have officially been admitted into the Kenya Police Service (APS).
The duo graduated yesterday, November 29th where President Uhuru Kenyatta presided over the ceremony at the Embakasi in Nairobi.
Kinyamal was among the 2,610 police officers that graduated while Moraa was among the 395 women officers according to the president.
Moraa turned to 800m from her well established 400m, she has not gained enough experience but slowly, she will be on course for better results.
Moraa showed her prowess when she beat the 2019 World Athletics Champion Halima Nakaayi from Uganda at the second edition of the Kip Keino Classic that was held at the Moi International Sports Centre Kasarani in September.
Kinyamal and Moraa are joined by world 10,000m bronze medalist Rhonex Kipruto, who is also the world 10km record holder, Kumari Taki the former world under 20 1,500m champion.
Reigning Commonwealth Games 3,000m steeplechase silver medalist Abraham Kibiwott, Africa 400m hurdles champion Venice Kerubo, cross country runner Michael Kibet as well as Doris Chepng’etich.
Athletes who were admitted at National Police Service yesterday
- Mary Moraa- Wu 18 400m silver
- Wycliffe Kinyamal- Commonwealth Games 800m champion
- Rhonex Kipruto- world 10km record holder and 10,000m bronze medalist
- Kumari Taki- former world under 20 1,500m champion
- Abraham Kibiwott- Reigning Commonwealth Games 3,000m steeplechase silver medalist
- Venice Kerubo- Africa 400m hurdles champion
- Michael Kibet- Cross country runner
- Doris Chepng’etich.