Olympians Nick Okoth and Elizabeth Andiego will lead Kenyan boxers at this year’s Africa Zone 111 Boxing championships that will be held in Congo, Kinshasa.
Today head coach Benjamin Musa named the ‘Hit Squad’ team ahead of the championships that kick off on April 3rd to April 11th seeking to improve on their last medals.
Both Okoth and Andiego were silver and bronze medal winners in last year’s championships
The expreinced side also had newcomers like bantamweight Alice waiyego, featherweight Amina Martha and flyweight Ann Wanjiru.
The team alos has Commonwealth Games minimum weight bronze medalist Christine Ongare, who is also the Africa silver medalist, middleweight Elizabeth Akinyi, and Lightweight Stacy Ayoma.
Africa zone 111 squad
- Martin Maina-Minimum weight
- David karanja-Flyweight
- Shaffi bakari- Bantamweight
- Isaac meja- Featherweight
- Samuel Njau-Featherweight
- Nick Okoth (Captain)- Lightweight
- Victor Odhiambo-Light welterweight
- Joseph Shigali-Welterweight
- Boniface Mugunde- Light middleweight
- Edwin Okong’o-Middleweight
- Francis Denga- Light heavyweight
- Elly Ajowi-Super heavyweight
- Christine Ongare- Minimum weight
- Ann Wanjiru- Flyweight
- Alice waiyego-Bantamweight
- Amina Martha- Featherweight
- Stacy Ayoma-Lightweight
- Teresia Wanjiru-Light welterweight
- Everlyn Akinyi- Welterweight
- Lorna Kusa-Light middleweight
- Elizabeth Akinyi-Middleweight
- Elizabeth Andigo Light heavyweight