Former National cross country champion Sheila Chepkirui Kiprotich Tele and Alex Kibet won the Berlin Half Marathon held today in Germany.
Chepkrui, who won double cross country title returned personal best 1:05:50 to win the women’s race.
Compatriot Irene Kamais and Viola Chepng’eno timed 1:06:34 and 1:06:48 to settle second and third respectively.
Kibet clocked 58:55 to win as Kenyan athletes claimed all the podium places in men and women races. Joshua Belet timed 59:53 for second place as Abel Kipchumba wrapped up the last podium place in the men’s race in 59:58.
Berlin half marathon (Germany)
- Alex Kibet KEN 58:55
- Joshua Belet KEN 59:53
- Abel Kipchumba 59:58
- Josphat Kemei KEN 1:00:03
- Zerei Mezngi NOR 1:00:42
- Dominic Lobalu SSD 1:01:01
- Geoffrey Koech KEN 1:01:17
- Evans Kipkemei KEN 1:01:33
- Sheila Chepkirui Kiprotich KEN 1:05:02
- Joyce Chepkemoi Tele KEN 1:05:50
- Irene Kimais KEN 1:06:34
- Viola Chepngeno KEN 1:06:48
- Samantha Harrison GBR 1:08:12