Caroline Kilel and former Olympic Games 5,000m silver medalist Edwin Soi will headline the Sunday’s Vienna City Marathon.
Having the best tile on the line-up, Kilel will batlting out with defending champion Vibian Chepkirui this Sunday of April 24th.
Soil will be up against men’s defending champion Leonard Langat won the men’s title in the Austria capital.
After paced by her husband Wesley Kangogo, Chepkirui ran a brilliant marathon debut winning the race in 2:21.30 coming home with a course record that had a record of 2:22.12.
Chepkirui will be facing off with Juliet Chekwel of Uganda and Ethiopia’s Bontu Bekele took first and second in the Sevilla Marathon in 2020 with lifetime best of 2:23.13 and 2:23.39 respectively as well as Ruth Chebitok who has 2:23.29 as personal best set at the 2018 Toronto Marathon.
Elite men entry
- Oqbe Kibrom (ERI) 2:05:53
- Cosmas Muteti KEN) 2:08:45
- Abdi Fufa (ETH) 2:05.57
- Raymond Chege (KEN) 2:02.06
- Wekfu Gebresatick (NOR) 2:09.14
- Edwin Soi (KEN) 2:09.16
- Charles Ndiema (KEN) 2:10.43
- Lemawork Katema (AUT) 2:10.44
- Lenard Langat (KEN) 2:10.49
- Noah Kipkemoi (KEN) 2:11.49
- Victor Serem (KEN) 2:12.00
- Anderson Seroi (KEN) 2:12.21
- Mike Chesir (KEN) 2:13.28
- Tomasz Grycko (POL) 2:13.30
- Solomon Tesfamariam (SUI) 2:14.51
- Abraham Kipyatich (KEN) debut
- Timon Theuer (AUT) debut
- Caroline Kilel (KEN) 2:22.34
- Ruth Chebitok (KEN) 2:23.39
- Sifan Melaku (ETH) 2:23.49
- Sheila Cherotich (KEN) 2:24.15
- Vibian Chepkirui (KEN) 2:24:29
- Esther Kakuri (KEN) 2:26.11
- Urge Sabota (ETH) 2:28.10
- Natalya Lehonkova (UKR) 2:28.58
- Kellys Anas (COL) 2:29.36
- Vida Yator (KEN) 2:30.03
- Teresiah Omosa (KEN) 2:30.02
- Benny Cheruiyot (KEN) 2:34.18
- Neja Krimsa (SLO) 2:36.44