Reigning Deaflympic Games golf bronze medalist Isaac Makokha and Paul Muchangi will be facing off in the battle of royal tomorrow for the Kenya Amateur Match-play title at the Nairobi Royal Golf club.
The duo, who are the former champions of the Kenya Amateur match-play champions will be facing off in the first round of the tournament with the overall winner on Sunday earning an automatic ticket for Magical kenya Open.
Following the qualifying round today, 32 golfers make the cut to battle for the three days of action.
Coming from Limuru golf club, Muchangi will be hoping to reclaim the title he won way back in 2019 while Vet lab’s Makokha won the title in 2020 in the middle of coronavirus pandemic.
Fresh from returning for Deaflympic Games in caxias do Sul in Brazil, the deaf golfer Makokha won bronze medal following his victory against Germany international Guldan Nico in the bronze medal play-off.
In 2020, Makokha won against jay Sandhu 3-2 at the par 72 Vet lab golf club for the title in the sudden deaf play-offs.
His counterpart Muchangi beat William Odera from Golf Park 1-up at the 36th hole tournament.
The winner of between Muchangi and Makokha will face off with Dennis Maara or carl Wambasi in the second round.
- Michael Alunga/Joe Lee vs Joseph Cwanyaai/Sammy Mulama
- Dennis Maara/carl Wambasi vs Paul Muchangi/Isaac Makokha
- Adel Balala/Joseph gathumbi vs james kamenju/Jay nathwani
- John Kamais/Philip Shiharsy vs macharia
- Jay Sandhu/Willy mastermet vs Chris Andrea/Micahel Kihara
- Ebill Omollo/Josphat Mario vs Joseph Kasozi/ Bagalana Ibrahim
- Njoroge Kibugu/Amos Odongo vs B Chandaria/Godfrey Nsubuga
- Edgar Brian/Josphat Mario vs John Lejirma/Tuimur Malik