Reigning world cross country champion Beatrice Chebet set a new championships record at the Oslo Diamond league, the Bislett Games held yesterday in Oslo, Norway.
The former world 5,000m under 20 champion set the record that had lasted for 23 years when she led Kenyans podium sweep in 8:25.01 followed by Lilian Kasait Rengeruk (8:25.90) and world 5000m silver medalist Margaret Chelimo at 8:26.14.
- Beatrice Chebet (KEN) 8:25.01 WL
- Lilian Kasait Rengeruk (KEN) 8:25.90 PB
- Margaret Chelimo (KEN) 8:26.14 SB
- Alicia Monson (USA) 8:29.43 SB
- Frezghi Weini Kelati (USA) 8:32.50 PB