Former world 10,000m silver medalist Yomif Kejelcha and Olympic Games 1,500m champion Jakob Ingebrigsten were the winners of yesterday’s Oslo Diamond League Meeting, Bislet in Norway.
The Ethiopian Kejelcha edged out world cross country champion Jacob Kiplimo from Uganda to second in a photo finish 5,000m race setting a new championships record of 12:41.73, trashing last record held by Ethiopian Kenenisa Bekele in 12:52.26.
Ingebrigsten won the 1,500m title 3:27.95 beating the previous time of 3:26.00 set in 1998 by Moroccan Hicham El Guerrouj.
Olympic silver medallist, Timothy Cheruiyot who was among the race favorite was forced to settle in fourth place with a season best of 3:29.08.
World Indoor 1500m bronze medallist, Abel Kipsang finished a distant later in eleventh place in a season best of 3:31.76
- Jacob Ingebrigtsen (NOR) 3:27.95 WL
- Mohamed Katir (ESP) 3:28.89 SB
- Yared Nuguse (USA) 3:29.02 PB
- Timothy Cheruiyot (KEN) 3:29.08 SB
- Mario Garcia (ESP) 3:29.18 PB
- Yomif Kejelcha (ETH) 12:41.73 MR WL PB
- Jacob Kiplimo (UGA) 12:41.73 MR WL PB
- Telahun Bekele (ETH) 12:46.21 PB
- Joe Klecker (USA) 12:56.59
- Luis Grijalva (GUA) 12:56.63 PB