FOOTBALL LATEST NEWS

Samburu Ladies aiming higher after Talanta Hela triumph

Samburu County Under 19 ladies team who competed in the Talanta Hela U19 football team will be hoping to go a step further in this year’s edition which kicks off in April.

The side won the Upper Eastern regional tournament title and pocketed Ksh500,000.

According to the Ministry of Sports through the Kenya Academy of Sports, the players were set to receive 80% of the package while the remaining 20% went to the officials.

Regarding that, the players received Ksh16,000 each while each official pocketed Ksh20,000.

Speaking after receiving the token, the players led by their captain Faith Sherry Lalaikipiani noted that their dream of earning from their talent was finally coming true.

They were delighted that they would assist their parents with paying fees.

“Most of us will help our parents pay their school fees and our siblings as well. We are very happy for the Talanta Hela initiative. We hope to win more money in the second edition,” Lalaikipiani offered.

For 17-year old Jinayo Lelwai, the money would go a long way in giving her grandmother a decent sendoff. Lelwai’s grandmother passed away on Wednesday and the family was struggling to raise money for her funeral.

“I will help my siblings, as well as help my father bury his mother who died recently. Thank you Talanta Hela,” Lelwai disclosed.

With the success of the inaugural edition now behind them, the team led by coach Gabriel Lempapa noted that they were aiming higher in this year’s edition.

“This was just a small fraction of what we can do. Watch this pace,” Lempapa urged.

Facebook Comments
Total Views: 220 ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *