Allan Wanga will be waiting to know his fete when Ulinzi Stars play Mount Kenya United in the last Kenya Premier League (KPL) match to know if he will win the golden boot.
With Kakamega Homeboyz striker netting 18 goals, one better than Umaru Kasumba of Sofapaka and Ulinzi Stars’ Enosh Ochieng.
But Wanga has to wait until MKU plays Ulinzi in a postponed match to determine the golden boot winner.
In the last day of the league, Sofapaka were 2-0 winners against Kakamega Homeboyz 2-0 at Mbaraki Sports Club in Mombasa.
Returnee Stephen Waruru netted a brace for 2009 champions to end in third position with 62 points with Homeboyz in seventh position with 52 points.
Determined Mathare United held newly crowned champions Gor Mahia to a 2-2 after coming from 2-0 down at Kenyatta Stadium in Machakos on Wednesday.
Rwandan striker Jacques Tuyisenge scored first for Gor in the 21th minute and Boniface Omondi doubled in the 57th minute but Clifford Alwanga halved the score with Cliff Nyakeya drawing score.
Michael Madoya and Boniface Muchiri scored a goal each in the 12th minute as Muchiri doubled in the 34th minute as Tusker edged out Posta Rangers 2-0.
AFC Leopards played to a barren draw against Western Stima to finish the league in position 10 on 43 points.
Final KPL results
- Kariobangi Sharks 4-0 Vihiga United- Kasarani
- Gor Mahia 2-2 Mathare United-Machakos
- KCB 2-2 Zoo Kericho-Mumias
- Sofapaka 2-0 Kakamega Homeboyz- Mbaraki
- Nzoia Sugar 2-2 Bandari- Sudi
- Chemelil Sugar 1-0 Sony Sugar- Chemelil
- Tusker 2-1 Posta Rangers- Ruaraka
- Western Stima 0-0 AFC Leopards-Kisumu
- Ulinzi Stars 2-0 Mt. Kenya United (postponed)