Former world cross country bronze medallist Magdalene Masai won silver at the Hamburg marathon as Ethiopians dominated the race.
Ethiopia’s Dibabe Kuma and Tadu Abate were the winners in women and men’s titles.
Dibabe clocked 2:24.42 to claim the title ahead o Masai (2:26.04) and Tanzania’s Failuna Matanga in third timing 2:27.56.
Abate led a 1-2 inish for Ethiopia after he clocked 2:08.26 ahead of compatriot Ayele Abshero a second latter as ormer Olympic marathon champion Stephen Kiprotich rom Uganda ended the podium in 2:08.32 with Lucas Rotich, the top Kenyan came 5th in 2:08.49.
- Tadu Abate (ETH)- 2:08.26
- Ayele Abshero (ETH)- 2:08.27
- Stephen Kiprotich (UG)- 2:08.32
- Tiska Tolosa (ETH)- 2:08.52
- Lucas Rotich (KEN)- 2:08.59
- Dibane Kuma (ETH)- 2:24.42
- Magdalene Masai (KEN)- 2:26.04
- Faulu Matanga (TAZ)- 2:27.56
- Veronica Nyaruai (KEN)- 2:29.15
- Hanna Londolholf (SWE)- 2:29.35